Software Project Manager Position
We are a 29 year old software consulting firm specializing in web application development using Microsoft technologies, primarily ASP.Net and SQL Server. We utilize a hybrid team approach of on-shore and off-shore people.
The project manager will manage our teams of developers in India. The ideal candidate will have a PMP certification and experience in managing offshore teams delivering web based solutions preferably built with Microsoft technology.
What the position entails:
• Work with clients to gather functional requirements
• Develop a thorough understanding of each clients' specific business needs
• Work with staff to generate proposals
• Develop project plans for teams of 2 to 10 programmers
• Oversee the IT staff in India on a daily operational basis and delegate tasks
• Manage several projects of varying sizes at any given time
• Attend & run client meetings via Skype & GotoMeeting, typically from 7am to 10am EST
• Act as company liaison to the client dealing with all issues that come up during the project lifecycle
• Monitor costs and milestones and take action where these deviate from client agreements
• Work from your home office
• Must have a PMP certification
• Should be well versed in Agile Project Management
• At least 8 years in the IT industry and minimum 4 years’ experience managing IT projects
• Must have excellent NATIVE US ENGLISH skills, communication, organization and leadership skills
• Must have a background in software development with Microsoft Technologies: ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, SQL Server and be able to talk intelligently with clients about technical issues
• MUST BE LOCATED IN THE US, preferably in the eastern or central time zones to better overlap with our staff in India during morning hours
Interested in working with us? Please email your relevant qualifications, resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com
We welcome your application.